Terms and conditions
It is important to read all this information in order to fully understand our service to you, the client. We are dedicated to providing you with the best computers, components and excellent service.
These are the term and conditions for the on-line shop of Chaotic Computers CC (herein after called Chaos Computers) Reg. nr: 2004/031794/23
Neither Chaos Computers nor any of its employees will be liable for any negligent or innocent misrepresentation made to the client.
Please note at present our online store is only able to undertake local (South African) orders, we will not process credit card payments that are not local, also the prices that are reflected on our website are not necessarily the same as in-store prices.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- Change these Conditions from time to time and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
Chaos Trade Mark
Particulars of entry in the Register of Trademarks: 2003/03813 in class 35: The offering for sale and the sale of goods in the retail and wholesale trade, including the sale of computers, computer equipment and computer accessories, advertising, business management, business administration, office functions sits in the name of Chaos Computers and my solely be used by Chaos Computers.
Limited License to General Users
Chaos Computers grants to the User, subject to the further terms of these Terms and Conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and future Content for personal, non-commercial and information purposes only.
This Website and the Content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of Chaos Computers. The license does not allow the User to collect product or service listings, descriptions or other information displayed here, and does not allow any derivative use of this Website or the Content for the benefit of another merchant. The User may not frame nor use framing technologies to enclose the Chaos Computers Website or the Content nor any part thereof without the express written consent of Chaos Computers. Chaos Computers and the Owners do not offer products or services to minors. If you are under the age of 18, you may not respond to or otherwise accept or act upon any offers in the Website.
Chaos Computers and the Owners, their affiliates or subsidiary reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Any unauthorised use terminates this license.
Limitation of liability
The Website and all Content on the Website, including any current or future offer of products or services, are provided on an "as is" basis, and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Owners make no warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the Content. Neither Chaos Computers nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of Chaos Computers, shall be held responsible for any direct or indirect special, consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the Content or the Website or any functionality thereof, or of any linked website, even if Chaos Computers is expressly advised thereof.
When a client visits chaoscomputers.co.za or sends e-mails to Chaos Computers, that client consents to receiving communications from Chaos Computers electronically and agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by Chaos Computers satisfies any legal requirements, including but not limited, to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
No person, business or web site may link to any page on this site without the prior written permission of Chaos Computers.
No person, business or web site may use any technology to search and gain any information from this site without the prior written permission of Chaos Computers.
Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Chaos Computers nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site. Furthermore, Chaos Computers makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this web site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free.
This web has not been compiled or supplied to meet the client’s individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the client to satisfy itself prior to entering into this agreement with Chaos Computers that the service available from and through this web site will meet the client’s individual requirements and be compatible with the client's hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Chaos Computers and Clients are encouraged to consult their local Chaos Computers store for advice. Or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
All items purchased from Chaos Computers are made pursuant to agreements with shipping and delivery agents and risk of loss pass from Chaos Computers to such agents upon delivery of any item to such carrier.
Neither Chaos Computers nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use any product sold on this web site.
The price of each product is displayed with the product. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed.
Value added tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods bought.
Newsletters are published periodically. Specials and pricing are only valid for two days after an issue of a newsletter is released and only apply to purchases made online at not in-store.
Inspection of goods
It is your responsibility to ensure that there is a responsible person at the delivery address to inspect and to sign for the goods. . We cannot accept liability for damages or errors if goods have been fitted or if you have had the goods in your possession for more than 7 (seven) days.
Subject to stock availability with suppliers and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 5 days and handed over to a courier company for delivery. The Chaos Computers will supply all goods to the delivery company in good order. The Chaos Computers will not be held liable for the condition of goods arriving at the User's chosen delivery address.
Cancelled orders on the e-commerce facility will be refunded after deduction of a 10% charge for administration costs.
The Chaos Computers reserves the right to cancel an order for which payment has already been received. This may occur if stock is insufficient or the quality of goods ordered does not meet the Chaos Computers's standards. Should the Chaos Computers exercise this right, the User will receive a full refund with no deductions.
We accept South African VISA, MASTERCARD, And AMERICAN EXPRESS Credit Card Payments. We are presently unable to process foreign credit cards. Client who wish to buy online may pay via an EFT(Electronic Fund Transfer).
At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorization is obtained for the amount of the order.
Payment is only collected when the order is completed.
Note that to protect its own and the interests of customers, Chaos Computers scrutinizes all transactions very carefully to prevent attempted fraud and a transaction may be refused if Chaos Computers is not satisfied with its legitimacy.
Bank Deposit and EFT payments
If the buyer selects the wish to use this method of payment, instructions will be given on how to deposit monies into the Chaos Computers bank account and it would be subject to the following rules:
- Payment must be made in full.
- The payment must quote the order number and surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the EFT.
EFT payment must reflect in Chaos Computers bank account before goods will be released.
Unpaid bank deposit orders are cancelled after five business days.
OUR BANKING DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Branch Code: 200109
Account Number 62101907080
Agreements of Sale
Placing an item in a cart without completing the purchase cycle does not:
- Constitute an agreement of sale between Chaos Computers and clients cannot hold Chaos Computers liable if such items are not in stock when the purchase cycle is completed later; and/or
- Constitute an order for such an item; and
- Chaos Computers may remove such an item from the shopping cart if no stock is available.
An agreement of sale between Chaos Computers and a client only comes into effect if and when:
- A credit card authorisation is received from the issuing bank; or
- A deposit of an EFT is reflected on Chaos Computers bank statement (and only if such payment is received.
- A direct deposit is reflected on Chaos Computers bank statement within 5 (five) business days after completion of the purchase cycle.
Chaos Computers reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or execute an order without giving any reasons. Chaos Computers also reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part. Chaos Computers shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the Client.
Chaos Computers shall take all reasonable efforts to maintain correct prices. However, should errors occur and items are offered at incorrect prices, Chaos Computers will not be obliged to sell goods at such incorrect prices and shall only be liable to refund monies paid.
Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. Chaos Computers shall take all reasonable efforts to discontinue the offer as soon as stock is no longer available. However, should items still be offered after stocks are sold, Chaos Computers shall only be liable to refund monies where it is unable to fulfil orders at advertised prices.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Chaos Computers suffers any damage or loss.
The Client agrees and warrants that its log-in name and password shall:
- Be used for personal use only; and
- Not be disclosed to any third party.
- The client allows Chaos Computers to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Chaos Computers site and back-office applications.
- All credit card transactions are Secure Socket Layers encrypted.
According to the ECT (Electronic Communications and Transactions) Act, Chaos Computers as an online store discloses the following information:
Full name: Chaotic Computers CC. T/A Chaos Computers
Main business: Online IT retailer
Address for receipt of legal service: 262 Main Road Kenilworth 7700
Official email address: email@example.com
Warranty and Return Policies
- No faulty or loose components or systems will be accepted without a detailed fault report. The fault report must indicate the nature of the fault and what was done to ascertain the cause. In the case of non- Chaos Computers systems, the cost of removal of any loose component will be applicable to a minimum charge as per current rate.
- Software problems arising through the use of third party software or virus infection(s) will be applicable to a minimum labour charge as per current rate.
- Hardware problems arising through negligence, tampering, lightning and virus infection(s) will be applicable to a minimum charge. The customer is responsible for all manufacturer software updates on their hardware.
- Chaos Computers is not liable for any loss of data. This is especially true of any hard drive which is shipped with a stock or batch fault, the failure of this drive having not been immediately apparent. Chaos Computers does not have the means to assess premature drive failure.
- Chaos Computers shall not be held liable for the damage to any CD-ROM media, which has been used in a data retrieval mechanism, which includes Compact Disk Reading or Writing devices.
- Physically damaged or marked items, including packaging or the lack thereof, will not be treated as a normal out of box failure or accepted for credit. Miscellaneous failure e.g. Components or peripherals where there is insufficient reason for an immediate swap will be held overnight or sent to the service agents for escalation.
- LCD Monitors carry their individual manufacturer specification regarding dead pixels and panel problems. As a general rule technical staff must assess the monitor and packaging first and then apply for a warranty claim through the manufacturer before agreeing to an exchange. Printers will not necessarily be swapped if the failure is within 7 days (or 30 days depending on the manufacturer) of customer invoice. In some instances the manufacturer or supplier requires that it be sent to their service agent for escalation.
- Examples: HP requires all DOAs/OBFs to be returned to their authorized service centre for an Out of Box failure Policy and will be shipped to the supplier for assessment.
- Most manufacturers have a three month limited warranty on cartridges. Cartridges must be returned with an invoice and print samples where applicable. Failure to do this will result in delays of up to 2 weeks. Epson and Canon cartridges must be returned along with the printer for escalation.
- Uninterruptible power supplies are designed for a computer load only at South Africa (Eskom) supply voltages. Do not attempt to use on any generator be it land-based, aircraft or maritime without consulting an electrical engineer.
- Chaos Computers is not liable for the damage to third party or out of warranty components i.e. motherboards, memory, storage devices, etc in the event of power supply failure.
- The warranty policy of power supplies are subject to the following conditions: The PSU must be kept in a dirt free environment. PSU’s will only be repaired if the failure has been strictly electronic in nature or if a faulty bearing or sleeve has impeded the rotation of the fan. Any PSU brought in where the fans rotation has stopped due to dust or dirt will not be repaired under warranty. PSU’s brought in where one or both the main reservoir capacitors are blistered/swollen normally indicates a higher than normal mains input voltage and will not be repaired under warranty. Power supplies are not treated as warranty items if the device has been exposed to mains surges.
Warranties on notebooks are limited to the specific unit and model.
No refunds/swap outs on any software
Please confirm that games and software are compatible with your hardware and operating system prior to purchase as Chaos Computers cannot accept software and games returns as a result of system incompatibility. System requirements are usually available on the manufacturer's website. Alternatively email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
All shipping orders are subject to delivery pricing.
Please note that goods will not be released for shipping before payment for the said item/s is reflected in our account. Credit card payments are automatically placed through a security check and EFT payment usually delay delivery by approximately 2 days
Should delivery will take longer, we will inform you via email. Please note that goods are dispatched for delivery only after payment has been confirmed. Payment by credit card is only accepted from local South African credit cards, clients with bank accounts from outside South Africa are welcome to pay for items via EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer).
This service is only available in main centre's, which include any destination within a 50km radius of the following cities - Pretoria, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, George, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Nelspruit.
Delivery outside main centres is usually within 5 working days after payment is confirmed. The order item with the longest delivery time determines your parcel's delivery time.
You are required to make all the necessary arrangements to take delivery of the goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. If you are not at home on the date that has been agreed and the delivery agent cannot contact you, we reserve the right to charge you for the re-delivery.
Unfortunately the other shipping services are not currently available - we apologize for any inconvenience.
Chaos Computers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of clients. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act2.pdf
Chaos Computers may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Clients:
- Name and surname
- Birth date
- Country of residence
- Closest city
- E-mail address
- IP address
- ID number / passport number
- Chaos Computers collects stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- To greet the Client when he/she accesses the Chaos Computers web site;
- Subject to the Client’s consent, inform the Client of facts relating to his/her access and use of the Chaos Computers website;
- Subject to the Client’s consent, inform the Client about competitions and special offers from Chaos Computers.
- To verify the identity of the Client when transacting with Chaos Computers
- To ensure that the goods are received by the addressee
- Information detailed above is provided voluntarily by the Client.
Chaos Computers may collect, maintain, save, compile and share any information collected from Clients, subject to the following provisions:
- Chaos Computers shall not disclose personal information from Clients unless the Client consents thereto;
- Chaos Computers shall disclose information without the Client's consent only through due legal process; and
- Chaos Computers owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Chaos Computers.